Get Started with a Virtualization Assessment
An Abtech Systems and VMware Virtualization Assessment will provide you a clear picture of server consolidation opportunities within your existing physical IT infrastructure. Using sophisticated data collection tools, we can assess your current server environment to determine potential cost savings and help you to roll out a well defined virtualization solution.
What you receive
- Up to 30 days of system and performance data for existing Windows servers in your environment. To collect the data, a consultant installs a Data Collector Manager at one site (one collector)
- Data analysis for up to 200 existing Windows servers
- Server consolidation and virtualization assessment report including a preliminary total cost of ownership analysis of the sampled environment, and recommendations
- Storage assessment including analysis of your primary data systems and back-up strategies with recommendations applying to server consolidation planning
How do you benefit?
- Estimate cost savings potential from server consolidation
- Estimate required server hardware and VMware licenses to achieve consolidation
- Use data collection, scenario creation, and optimization analysis
- Accelerate the assessment process with qualified server consolidation experience
- Management can make informed decisions for reducing costs in the data center
Are you a candidate?
Any company planning server consolidation projects that need guidance on sizing requirements and justification of expenditures to facilitate consolidation via virtualization is a strong candidate for the assessment.
What is Virtualization?
Virtualization dramatically improves the efficiency and availability of resources and applications in your organization. For most IT departments, internal resources (servers) are underutilized with a “one server: one application” model that wastes resources and capital.
One server. One Application. Equals one Big Waste - The Reasons to Adopt VMware vSphere Virtualization
- Get more out of your existing resources: Pool common infrastructure resources and break the legacy “one application to one server” model with server consolidation.
- Reduce data center costs by reducing your physical infrastructure and improving your server to admin ratio: Fewer servers and related IT hardware means reduced real estate and reduced power and cooling requirements. Better management tools let you improve your server to admin ratio so personnel requirements are reduced as well.
- Increase availability of hardware and applications for improved business continuity: Securely backup and migrate entire virtual environments with no interruption in service. Eliminate planned downtime and recover immediately from unplanned issues.
- Gain operational flexibility: Respond to market changes with dynamic resource management, faster server provisioning and improved desktop and application deployment.
- Improve desktop manageability and security: Deploy, manage and monitor secure desktop environments that users can access locally or remotely, with or without a network connection, on almost any standard desktop, laptop or tablet PC. Where’s the waste?
- Manage resources with the lowest TCO: VMware customers typically save 50-70% on overall IT costs by consolidating their resource pools and delivering highly available machines with VMware vSphere.
Abtech Systems provides unique in depth analysis that considers critical core-applications as well as other applications and systems that have a significant impact on your bottom line.
We also don’t stop with server virtualization. We evaluate for virtualization power & network equipment, front-end web and application servers, load balancers, network appliances and other applications that can benefit from a consolidation plan providing you with increased flexibility, better scalability, higher availability and a reduced footprint.
Take the Abtech Virtualization challenge and Virtualize Everything™ with an assessment that identifies these additional candidates for consolidation and virtualization, and we will show you where you can realize additional cost savings in your new virtual data center.
Learn more about Abtech Systems’ Virtualize Everything™ challenge.
Help me get started planning my Virtual Data Center and Private Cloud
To learn more about virtualization products and services available from Abtech Systems, contact us at email@example.com or call toll-free to 800-474-7397.